Link two db

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Mar 16 10:25:31 CST 2003

on 3/16/03 2:28 AM, Tonio Virgilio LEVRA at levra at yahoo.com wrote:

>> Avoid to use TEXT and prefer to use NUMBERS.
>> Bellow I will give you one idea for your task.
>
> I've spoken about coding the 800 word key values in number... I was wonderig
> also about bit coding, every values a bit 0 or 1 of a number of 800 numeral
> figure, is it crazy? May I query by bit values at given position on a
> numerical field?

Yes you must be able query bits with help of BaseObject Method.
As I recall they have some bit functions...

I just not sure this is really better.
You will need have column 800 bits = 100 bytes.
For each record!!!

1) with help of numbers you get just e.g.

    "34,56,79,64" = 12 bytes.

2) and second problem with bits, INDEXES. For each bit index ?
Too many overhead.

I think numbers with comas are better

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com