IR, inverted-index and lists-join

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 14 20:14:38 CST 2003

on 3/14/03 7:19 PM, Tonio Virgilio LEVRA at levra at yahoo.com wrote:

>> May be I do not understand something but why not
> simple do
>
>>     WHERE category1 = 'word' and category2 = 'word2'
>
>> You need Make this category fields as Index By Words
> of course.
>> I think your way will not be faster of this one.
>
> Well, because I have more then one word for each
> category, and if the end use want to filter more then
> one word for each category the select could be hard to
> build and long to query and above all because I need
> to fill the tree list of the category with the number
> of record for every word listed in the category
>
> (-word1 [10]
>  .word2 [1]
>  .word3 [0]
> -word4 [7]
> .... )

Tonio,

Again and again.
It looks you do not understand Valentina deeply.

IF you index field Category_1 by words,
Then you CAN search on different words. No problems.

And this is FAST.
I don't know how explain this more easy.

Incredible!

1) you say that SQL will be hard to build. You think build inverted index is
more easier ???

2) you say that such query will be long. But believe me it will be faster of
your indexes built with Lingo!!!

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com