[V4MD] a second question about SQL and V4MD

Carsten Ilwig Carsten.Ilwig at Portal-RIND.de
Fri Mar 14 00:07:22 CST 2003

Hi,
I've got a new question about Valentina and SQL Commands using in Macromedias Director:

1)
How can I set a Field of type "kTypeDateTime" with an sql-command?
If I write the following, I get an error 618 back (expected ','):
insert into myTable (DateTimeOfChange) VALUES (12/12/2003 12/12/25)

also if I try this:
insert into myTable (DateTimeOfChange) VALUES (12/12/2003 12:12:25)

How is the correct syntax to insert a time-value?

If I do the following
insert into myTable (MemberID,DateTimeOfChange) VALUES (ID01254,NULL)

to set the field "DateTimeOfChange to NULL, the sqlExecute command in Director set the field on 00.00.2000 00:00:00

But in the SQL-Referenc-Doc stands following written:
"If you need set a field to be NULL you should specify as value the key word NULL."
Why does it works correct?

2)
Is it possible to store an Director Member via SQLExecute command into an BLOB Field?
With the SetMedia command in Director-Lingo ther isn't any problem to do this but if I try this with the INSERT INTO command I get als the error 618 (expected ',') back.

Thanks for your help
Carsten