[C++] Emulator of POSIX Socket for Carbon and Classic

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 11 23:54:08 CST 2003

on 3/11/03 12:32 PM, Andreas Grosam at agrosam at computerworks.ch wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> GUSI is indeed the most advanced "POSIX wrapper" for MacOS. It is well written
> and robust.
> As you mentioned, the original version from Matthias Neeracher is not
> Carbonized. However, the PYTHON Guys have made efforts for carbonizing it.
>
> There is a library, which you can download from the PYTHON sites:
> http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac
>
> Please note however, that there are several issues with a carbonized GUSI and
> in particular when using carbonized GUSI on MacOS X (if it is even possible).

Hi Andreas,

I have download GUSI for Phyton from this link.
Why you think it have problems as Carboised on OS X?

As I see they say that Phyton works as Carbon installation on OS 9 or X.
So I assume since they use GUSI as base, it also must work fine.

Or you have hear about some problems ?
I very hope no :-)

Deal is that PowerPlant classes also have trap  :-(
Even connection point on client side want to have own thread.
And this reverse logic of control...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com