[C++] Emulator of POSIX Socket for Carbon and Classic

Totte Alm totte at code66.se
Tue Mar 11 12:40:08 CST 2003

måndagen den 10 mars 2003 kl 23.32 skrev Ruslan Zasukhin:

> MacOS Classic and Carbon targets do not have support for POSIX Socket
> API.
> Yes this is well known fact...

That is Carbon-CFM. Carbon-Macho on X do have it.

For Classic/Carbon-CFM, there are two ways to go.
(1) Use the GUSI as Andreas mentioned. Its a little overkill as I see
it, and nothing that complex (have you looked at the pseudocode its
written in??), will work "out of the box" without alot of hazzles.

(2) Write the sockets stuff two layered, with a common layer on top,
and a plattform specific layer below.
This was done for TPTest (network throughput test application for
Win32,Linux, Mac OSX Carbon, should work for Classic also, with some
modifications to the OT code) when we was involved porting it to the
mac.
The full source, including the Network stuff is located at sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tptest/

// Totte