Duplicating records

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 6 17:49:59 CST 2003

on 3/6/03 3:39 PM, Lars Lindholm at lars.lindholm at uneed.se wrote:

Hi Lars,

> Is there an easy way to duplicate a number of records (Valentina for
> RealBasic)? I have a master record in one table with say ID = 3, then I have
> a number of different tables containing records with ID = 3. Now I want to
> create a new version keeping the original ID = 3 records and create a new
> copy of all the ID = 3 records assigning the next available ID to the new
> records.

Mmm, so you need in each Table duplicate a record?

So task in fact is
    -- I have table
    -- I have some record
    -- I want duplicate it

Yes?

IF you do not have BLOB fields in Table then way is simple.
-- just move to that record.
        curs.Goto()

-- Add new record without call of setBlank, so this new record will get the
same values of CURRENT record

        cusr.AddRecord()

This way not works correctly for now for BLOB fields.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com