win95 problem

Michael Geary listmail at gearyweb.com
Wed Mar 5 10:33:25 CST 2003

Hi All,

I have seen a couple of posts in the archives about Win95 problems, but
I wanted to try to get some concrete resolution on the issue.

I have a project which runs fine on everything BUT Windows 95. I don't
have Director 8.5 installed on Win95, so I can't use the debugger, but
it appears that the database is initializing okay, but when I pass a
simple query, the cursor returned is -2147483645. I am checking for
ValentinaError() <> 0, at which point I EXIT execution. However, no
error is registered.

I have seen some postings that suggest that Explorer 4.x should be
installed, or that Win95 should be upgraded. However, this may not be
an acceptable course for my client. I need to know:

a) How far back in the Valentina versions do I need to go to get
guaranteed Win95 compatibility?
b) What exactly will fix the problem?

Thanks,

michael