Read Only Cursor

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 4 21:12:18 CST 2003

on 3/4/03 8:58 PM, Howard Steadman at hsteadma at fulltilt.com wrote:

> In our application there are a number of more or less independent tasks. While
> all need to read the data base, only a few need to write it and often the
> updating of the database is the responsibility on another task. We can always
> wrap the Cursor class in another class that prevents updates.

So you have workaround ?

It sounds like you develop multi-thread app, yes?
What API you use? C++ ?

Please note, that in nearest update of Valentina,
We will add locks for cursors so such tasks will be safe.
Also we going add into function

    db.SqlSelect( cmd )

New parameters:

    db.SqlSelect( cmd, readOnly, ClientOrServer )

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com