[V4RB] Newbie Problem - Desperate for help !

Brian Farrell brianfarrell at btconnect.com
Mon Mar 3 12:21:05 CST 2003

Having just bought Valentina and whacked together some code
to manage 5 small tables, I am consistently getting a crash
when I assign a value to a field of one particular table.
The table has 2 fields, a ULong and a VarChar32 (Indexed).
It doesn't matter which field I try it just crashes instantly with no
warning.
I have spent 18 hours looking at this one seemingly simple problem
and have got not one line of code further with it.

The RB debug window shows everything as looking alright.
The table has no records in it, a cursor is defined.

I am using OSX 10.2.4, Valentina 1.9.7, RB4.5.2
My code does

SetBlank
mLastID.Value = 1 ' This is the ULong field
mTableName.Value = "User"

The crash occurs on the first assignment.
The table is for handling sequence numbers for all the other tables.

I could really do with an assist here as I am not the most
experienced RB developer (having come from a 4D background)8-()

Also Can anyone tell me how it is possible to DROP a table
by merely attempting to set a field value?
If I try and access any field to either set or get the value
I get a crash and when I view the schema using Valentina the table
has been dropped?!?

TIA Brian