Oh no, not Unicode again

jda jda at his.com
Sat Mar 1 07:41:30 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

Now that RB 5 is out (kind of) and is UTF8 throughout, I'm having an
increasingly harder time maintaining a reasonable relationship
between text shuttled between it and Valentina. What my "non-English"
users want (many have requested this!) is true Unicode support in my
app. But I can't until Valentina supports Unicode.

I know you have said that you are moving to this in V Server (or
whatever). But frankly, I need this now. And although I'll no doubt
migrate to Valentina 2 when it's out and stable, I expect to be using
Valentina 1.x for a while.

Can you consider adding UTF support to 1.x? For me, at least, this
feature would be well worth a hefty upgrade price!  Based on previous
threads, I'm sure I'm not alone on this. Please, please reconsider my
(our) request to add Unicode support to Valentina 1.x.

Jon