initializing valentina

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 25 11:37:43 CDT 2003

 i am using valentina vxcmd (1.9.8b4) with revolution 2.0.1 and mac os
9.2.2. I am simply trying to initialize the kernal and it seems to me that
that is not working. The documents say that the Init function returns:
"integer". but when i type in the message box of revolution:

put valentina("Init",8*1024*1024,"<macid>","<windowsid>")

 and hit return, _nothing_ is listed. so what is the integer that's supposed
to be returned, the size of the cache? so if i get <blank> that means it
didn't initialize right? why not?

 also, i want to install the dcon debugging display program, but the url
given does not work; when i try to access it i am told that such person does
not have a mac homepage. where can i get it?

 thanks.

rand