[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 21 17:47:30 CDT 2003

on 6/21/03 17:18, Lynn Fredricks at fci at europa.com wrote:

>> To me the currently stated pricing ideas sound reasonable (or
>> even good). If compared to *big* business-solutions (i.e.
>> Oracle) the license/seat ratio and connection pricing sounds good.
>>
>> The only thing I am worrying a little bit is this:
>>
>> Let's assume we write a server-client solution for a new
>> business, where we don't know the number of connections when
>> we start (Could be anything from 1 to 10000). How can we
>> stress-test the server (i.e. simulate 1000 cooperative
>> connections) to find out if our solution works?
>>
>> Ruslan, do you have any plan for a 'unlimited'
>> developer-server solution, which is non-sellable, but allows
>> developers to simulate big traffic?
>
> Given that Valentina 2 Server and the Embedded Server will basically
> have the same core component, could this be simulated using a copy of
> Valentina 2 Server Unlimited?

Yes, Lynn, it can be used.

Lynn, we have consider up to now that each VDN member do get:
   three copies of Valentina Server for internal testing on each platform.

But we have told about 5 connection server.
May be we need provide to Valentina Developers UNLIMITED version of Servers?
I do not see problems here.

What you think?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com