[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Fri Jun 20 11:59:32 CDT 2003

> >> In fact I don't expect it from you.  But, as I said, who
> knows what
> >> the future holds?  Perhaps Larry Ellison will make you an
> offer you
> >> can't refuse.
> >
> > That's a "what if" that is a reality in the business world for
> > everyone,
> > regardless of platform or venue.
>
> Even for Bill Gates?

Hard to say. Even though he's slipped through paying some penalties, he
couldn't avoid that cream pie in the face he got a couple of years ago
while visiting Europe.

Its funny but I don't harbor any ill will against Bill, even though I do
believe MS is a monopoly and have experienced the results of MS tactics
before in a competing corporate environment. In fact, I think if I were
stuck in an elevator with someone for two hours, and my choices were
Larry Ellison, Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, Id probably pick Bill. He seems
more in control of his temper than SJ, and more in control of his ego
than LE.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President