[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Fri Jun 20 09:38:14 CDT 2003

> No.  Because I don't know how much the subscription fee will
> be in the
> future.  I've certainly seen Windows developer friends of mine get
> screwed when their $300 license jumps to $2500 + runtime
> fees.  So, as
> I noted in another message, prudence suggests that I any
> application I
> write using VServer would need to be designed so that I can change db
> engines as easily as possible -- and that may or may not be
> so easy to
> do.

That's the price of your pessimism, Charles. But as I said in other
emails, don't think that just because something looks like it is free,
it cannot cost you later.

I can totally appreciate your concerns here. But honestly, even if my
brother sold me a business solution, Id still have a disaster plan if
the stakes are that precious. If you planned on using MySQL, you should
still consider what would happen if you could no longer use MySQL.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC