Upgrade version 1.8.10 to latest

Steve Albin steveja7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 06:55:22 CDT 2003

--- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
> on 6/20/03 5:01, Steve Albin at steveja7 at yahoo.com wrote:
> You mean probably 1.9.7 ?

Yes.

> > I tried to open the database with Valentina App 1.9.6. but when I do, it
> > displays the corrupted records in one table.  A copy of the same database
> > opens fine with Valentina App 1.8.10.
>
> Problem only in one table?
> Other tables are fine?

Yes, just this one table.

> > Is it not possible to upgrade directly from 1.8.10 to 1.9.6?  Do I need to
> > upgrade to one of the intermediate versions of Valentina first.
>
> There was only one change 1.8.9 -> 1.9
>
> It should work Steve!
>
> Do you have not very big database for me to test.?

I'm confident now that the problem is due to something I screwed up.  I just
wanted to be sure, before I invested any time in fixing it, that there wasn't
an intermediate version of Valentina that I needed.  I have a vaque memory that
at one time, there was a situation where if a database got too far behind in
versions, it had to be upgraded incrementally.

Thanks for the quick response.

Steve

=====
--