[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 02:43:36 CDT 2003

on 6/20/03 2:17, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:

>>> But from my perspective, and from Keith's, Valentina is a REALbasic
>>> product.
>>
>> Do you mean the V4RB component and its successors, Embedded Server,
>> Valentina 2 Server or all of the above?
>>

> I mean that I don't use Director, or VB, or Delphi, or MetaCard. I do
> pretty much all of my development in REALbasic.  I am interested in
> VServer for use internally in my wife's law firm.  But it looks like I
> can use MySQL for free.

Correct, you can choose mySQL or Oracle.
No doubts here.

And Charles, if all you need is app for your wife company,
I.e. ONE copy solution then you NOT NEED even consider VDN
and embedded Server!!!

Guys, guys, guys.

It seems you people do not see yet good difference between Office Server and
embedded Server.

Charles. In YOU case, as I see you will need simply purchase __one__ copy of
Valentina Office server with e.g. 10 connections for price say $300.
And now you can use FREE V4RB client to develop your app for your wife firm.

Very easy.

And even do not think about VDN !!!
It is NOT for you in this case.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com