A corrupted Varchar field

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jun 19 13:22:48 CDT 2003

>  > How he have get it? After Crash?
>>  I think just db is not helpful.
>

>Here's what user says:
>
>>  >
>>  > I had about 6 addresses on and deleted them all. When I deleted the last
>>  > one, the program/computer locked up. After reboot I could not get the
>>  > program to run again.
>
>the weird part is that I see 4 records in the Contacts BO with vApp
>
>the last one vapp says has a Corrupted VarChar field
>

>Cool Runnings,
>Erne.

I get goose skin when someone mentions corrupted varchars! May be he
is using an older Valentina which was apt to corrupt varchars. I sure
hope so as I have started using them again.

If the crash occured after deletion, having 4 records in DB may be
simply a result of the latest version of db not actually written to
the hard disk before the crash.

Robert