[V4Rb] VDatabae reference problem

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Mon Jun 16 19:38:41 CDT 2003

I finally tracked down the source of an intermittent error in my
application.  Unfortunately, it took me quite a while because
VBaseObject.Database.ErrNumber was not being set; looking in another
VDatabase object that pointed to the same database revealed the
problem. I can understand why this function returns a different object,
but it would be nice if the object properties were kept in sync so that

a) I can avoid having to reach out for global references when I don't
need to, and write well-factored code
b) I don't have to waste half the f*cking afternoon tracking down a bug
because V4Rb objects aren't behaving correctly.

Charles Yeomans