problems with mac os 10.2.6 & revolution 2.0.1

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Sat Jun 14 18:50:33 CDT 2003

> have look on Rev 1.1.1 and I see that it have use VXCMD Carbon,
>Tuviah, does Rev 2.0 require Macho version like MC 2.4.3 ?
>Anybody on list can help with this?
Revolution 2.0 is distributed with VXCMD Macho for OSX.  We have tested
Valentina extensively with 2.0, and it works fine with RevDB, and the
query manager.

We have not tested VXCMD with the VXCMD api for 2.0, but it should work.
Rev 2.0 is based on the MC 2.5 engine and therefore as a Mach-O app does
not use Carbon XCMDs, but Macho bundles as externals. Therefore to load
the external, Rev requires you to set the externals property of the stack
to either a full or relative path to the bundle. For instance if VXCMD is
located in the same folder as Revolution, you should be able to use the
externals by settings the externals property to "VXCMD_macho"

ie.

answer file "a";
set the externals of this stack to it

then to use the external you need to save the stack, and reopen to use
the external.

Hope this helps,

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought