problems with mac os 10.2.6 & revolution 2.0.1

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Sat Jun 14 13:27:32 CDT 2003

> I hope there's someone out there using Valentina XCMD with Runtime
> Revolution (2.0.1) and Mac OS X.2.6, because I cannot seem to get the XCMD
> properly installed. There are several questions that I would greatly
> appreciate help with:
>
> 1. Which version of the XCMD should I be using? The carbon or the macho.
> What is macho, by the way?

> You need to use VXCMD_Macho.
> Macho -- this is term of Apple for OS X format of executable files.

  I have put the macho vxcmd in the same folder with revolution 2.0.1, and i
have removed the "CODE" resource from the stack i want to work with, and
when I try to initialize Valentina, I get the same message in RunRev:

error type: Function error in function handler

for the instruction

get Valentina("Init",8*1024*1024,"<license number>")

of course i've not written my license number here. Now what could be the
problem -- has anyone else successfully used Valentina xcmd with RunRev
2.0.1 on a mac running jaguar (10.2.6)? Clearly the xcmd isn't being used.
What else could be causing this? I notice that the vxcmd has the icon of a
"Canvas 8" (graphics program) plug-in, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

thanks

rand valentine