V4WS problem with sql update of VarChar field

Bob Raycher raycher at ccsmac.com
Thu Jun 12 18:15:21 CDT 2003

I tried using the single quote as you suggested, but this did not help.
After running many variations of field types and sizes (string, text
100-5000) I found the problem.

The problem was not with the options field itself but with an associated
methods field.

Throughout the testing I had a Methods field optionsUpper with a calculation
of UPPER(options). If I make this methods field Indexed by Words, then I get
the crash. If I make it simply Indexed then no crash.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bob