V4WS problem with sql update of VarChar field

Frank Schima frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com
Thu Jun 12 13:47:30 CDT 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 01:18  PM, Bob Raycher wrote:

> 1.9.7 V4WS
> 1.1a23 Carbon ViSQL

What version of the Valentina engine is it using? You can see from the About box.

> ViSQL simply crashes no error
> The other fields updated properly when the VarChar field was removed from
> the statement.

I would suggest rebuilding the index (by deleting the .ind file or issuing REINDEX) and
see if that works (though I doubt it will). Also you could try the latest 1.9.8 beta. ViSQL
has been updated with 1.9.8b8.

There could be a bug with large Varchar fields - I do this with smaller ones all the time.
Run a DIAGNOSE on the database and let us know if there are any problems noted.

Frank

---
Frank Schima                <mailto:frank-list2 at-sign mindstarprods.com>
Independent Consultant
Gaithersburg, MD USA        <http://www.ci.gaithersburg.md.us/>