VBlob.readRawdata() problem

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 11 19:17:55 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan:
	I have been able to create a VBlob field and both set and get a picture using
vblob.SetPicture() and vblob.GetPicture().
	I checked the size = vblob.getdata(size) of this image and found it to be 3754
bytes.  BTW in your example you have 'dim size as Long'...should it not be 'dim size
as integer'....as long is not a data type in RB?
	I then tried to save using writeRawData() using the string created by
Monkeybread PictureToString() function.
	I again checked the size = GetData(size) and found the bytes were reduced
to 3270 bytes..a good sign...as I want to try and store the image generically.
Christian's literature indicates that this is a good cross-platform solution.  The
problem I am having is with the s = vblob.readRawData(size)...RB tells me that I
have mismatched the types...ie:vblob.readRawData(size) is not a string.

Any ideas?

Chuck Cohen