File extensions and Win32 Problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 11 09:04:03 CDT 2003

on 6/11/03 1:34, Brendan Murphy at bmurf at comcast.net wrote:

Hi Brendan,

> I am using V4RB 1.9.8b8 and I am having problems with file extension
> under Win32. When I create a database with the create method, it appends
> a ".vdb" to the file name. This behavior is not acceptable since I have
> my own custom file extension. Also, if I change the file extension to my
> custom extension and try to open it with my application, valentina
> crashes the application. Under OS X, nothing is appended and everything
> works fine.

Because that is MacOS X.

You need change to YOUR extensions BEFORE you call db.Create()
Then Valentina will use YOUR extensions

> I would like to see this changed in valentina so that it will respect
> the extension I gave it and not crash the application when reopening the
> database.

I believe crash happens NOT inside of Valentina.
Probably when you try to open db with wrong extension Valentina return you
error and nil db object, but you do not check this and continue access to
nil object...check this point.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com