unusual server behavior

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 7 00:35:57 CDT 2003

on 6/6/03 18:40, Tim Davis at timdavis at amug.org wrote:

Hi Tim,

>   I compressed/decompressed a large database file when moving it to
> another machine, and started the server from there. When I point to the
> other machine and launch my app, I get the error "Incorrect database
> name", yet the name is correct, it worked fine before also (and I
> checked the get info on the file to make sure it didn't have any hidden
> suffix).

I think you need correct master.vdb on new computer.
Name of db must be in low case

>   So in order to get a database going I figured I'll create a new
> database of the same and they should appear side by side because 'the
> names are different'. But when I tell the server to create new, it
> replaces the previous one (in this case a 54MB with a 3MB file). Now if
> they really are the same I would usually get an error that the database
> already exists.

>   So the file seems to be half way there, half way not, when I moved
> it to a different machine. Is that strange?

Master db is an answer.

On New computer Master DB DO NOT have name of your db.
You need it add manually.

Or you could keep your main db in other folder,
Create new fresh db (this register it in master db),
Then replace db files.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com