[V4MD] loaddump finished

Henning Pertiet valentina at pertiet.de
Fri Jun 6 11:13:31 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan (or others),

>>> As far as I understand it is finished when you have get control back.
>>
>> You mean, as soon as Directors playhead keeps moving on?

> Yes.

> As I know calls of Lingo methods are not asynchronous.
> So if you have return from method, then Dump is finished.

I am still having the problem that my way of making loadDump doesn't
work.
I need to loadDump 5 xml-files in one turn, so that no user action is
required.
Thought I could just do it this way:

on makeDBs
  ListDBs = ["sorten","adress","berichte","mittel","literatur"]
  numberItems = ListDBs.count
  repeat with i = 1 to numberItems
    currentItem = ListDBs[i]
    loadDump currentItem
  end repeat
end

on loadDump currentItem
  put currentItem
  LoadDump( gExportDataBase, the moviepath & currentItem & ".xml", the moviepath & currentItem & ".vdb", 2 )
end

But this just makes one database (sorten).
What is my mistake?
(This probably is more a question of Director but somebody might
know...)

Regards

Henning

--