[V4RB] Restore Dump Error Messages

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Wed Jun 4 23:28:51 CDT 2003

Ruslan,

The XML file was dumped from windows and I attempted to load it from
windows.  As far as I know, I am just using plain ASCII characters
everywhere in the strings in the database, and it's in english.

Feel free to analyze the dump file all you like.

When I do the same process on a mac, I have no problems at all.. this
only happens on windows, where I both dump and attempt to load a dumped
file.  I have never dumped from a mac and loaded on windows, or vice
versa.

Thanks!

-- Kimball

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 11:22 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 6/5/03 4:50, Kimball Larsen at kimball at kimballlarsen.com wrote:
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Kimball Larsen <kimball at kimballlarsen.com>
>>> Date: Wed Jun 4, 2003  7:40:18 PM US/Mountain
>>> To: valentina at lists.macserve.net
>>> Subject: [V4RB] Restore Dump Error Messages
>>>
>>> Under all versions of the Mac OS, my dump and restore works perfectly
>>> with both the current and beta versions of V4RB.  However, this same
>>> process on any versions of windows does not work properly at all.  As
>>> far as I can tell, the dump is made to the xml file correctly, but
>>> when I try to restore, I get the following error messages in the
>>> following order (presumably from V4RB, as I don't have messages like
>>> this anywhere in my RB app):
>>> 1.  getEncodingIndex
>>> 2.  (Blank)
>>> 3.  getEncodingIndex