Reorder Field Names?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jun 3 12:39:43 CDT 2003

> As far as I see you have 2 entities here:
>             Person ( First Last)
>             Phone (Phone, Label)
>
> This is not good design if you put phone numbers as single table.
>
> It will be better to have ONE view in window for Person and
> second view where will be displayed N related phones for that
> person. This is standard way for 1 : M relation display.
>
> In this way you will not limit self to 3 phones only.
> You can store even 10 phones for some person if needed.
> You see?

In a "full record view" you're right, and that is how I'm displaying it.
The problem is it is in a "list view" where the user can set the column
order himself, and the default display is to show Name, Company, Phone
1, Phone1 Label, Phone 2, Phone 2 Label. It *has* to be this way as this
is intended for speedy access by users who need to see two phone numbers
for each person in a list to prevent them from having to open a "full
record view" to get at Phone #2...

Thanks for your feedback,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software