Valentina works under ASP.NET

Aric Whitaker aric at pccrafter.com
Mon Jun 2 13:32:13 CDT 2003

If you are working on an OLE DB driver, that would rock!  (Just one more
thing to add to your all-so-long list!)

When I finish my particular project, I will make portions of my source
code freely available to the Valentina community.

Coding trick:  If you are like me, (and from your emails I know others
out there have experienced this...) if your code should fail
prematurely, then the database is not closed, and remains in a "locked"
state.  A simple way to always avoid this:  Write a
routine/function/whatever to simply create a new database object, then
immediately close it.  This routine will remove any locks on the
database... here are mine in ASP.NET and Director's Lingo respectively:

------ASP.NET--------
' Sub Routine to unlock an already locked DB
	Sub BreakLock( strRegCode as String )
		Dim Valentina
		Valentina = Server.CreateObject("VCOM.Valentina.1")

		Valentina.Init( 1, strRegCode )
		Valentina.ShutDown()
		Valentina = nothing
	End Sub

-------Lingo--------
on UnlockDB
  global MyDB

  ValentinaInit( 4 * 1024 * 1024, "", "" )

  set MyDB = new(xtra"VDataBase")
  openDatabase(MyDB, the moviePath & "MyDataBase.vdb")

  CloseDatabase( MyDB )
  set MyDB = void

  ValentinaShutDown

end UnlockDB