Using Methods ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 30 08:16:20 CDT 2003

on 7/29/03 17:42, Barney at barney at custombased.com wrote:

Hi Barney,

> Is there anywhere that has a number of examples of how
> to write methods, or lists all the available syntax ?

All functions are listed in the ValentinaSQL.pdf

> I have never managed to figure out what we can and can't write
> and how to write it ?

You can use any set of functions applying them to fields of the same table.

    method = f1 + f2
    method = concat(f1, ' ', f2 )

> For example, how would you use a method to join three fields
> together ?
>
> Name + Address + Phone

    concat(Name, ' ', Address, ' ', Phone)

> Name & Address & Phone
>
> Name+Address+Phone
>
> Name&Address&Phone
>
> I am working directly in the Valentina Application, NOT creating these
> using code.

Just write this formula into edit field "calculation"
When you create field.

You cannot convert existed normal field into method.
Only when create new field.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com