VDK_String::FinishCreateSelf() problem - I don't

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Mon Jul 28 14:17:43 CDT 2003

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 01:44  AM,
valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am having the problem that was discussed in January 2003 on the
>> list.
>> It is the one where if you use the VDK_VarChar class in a
>> ProjectBuilder project,
>> you cannot link successfully because you get an error:
>>
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> virtual thunk [v:0,-92] to VDK_String::FinishCreateSelf()
>>
>> This was covered in about 7 messages in a thread entitled
>> "Re: VDK_String::FinishCreateSelf()"
>

>> The final message was:

>>> For now I have try compile VSDK MAC example, with VK_Varchar.
>>>
>>> This have show that it needs add into VDK_VarChar
>>> operator = ()
>>> operator char* ()
>>>

>>> DONE.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]
>>
>> I don't understand what that means.
>> Does "DONE" mean that Ruslan did something to fix it that we should
>> have gotten?
>> Or does the note indicate some solution/fix that I can do?
>
> Above I have write that DONE means:
>      that I have add to VDK_VarChar class operator=() and operator*()
>

> Mathew, can you try modify example1 that come with VSDK_PB to
> demonstrate
> your problem.

Ruslan,

Yes, it is very easy to demonstrate.

If you take the MyDatabase.h file and make simply change the first
field from
a VDK_String to a VDK_VarChar, you will get the link error.

class MyBaseObject : public VDK_BaseObject
{
	public:

		VDK_VarChar		mfField1;	// This is now VDK_VarChar instead of
VDK_String
		VDK_String		mfField2;
		VDK_Short		mfField3;
		VDK_Double		mfField4;
		VDK_ULong		mfField5;

	public:

		MyBaseObject( void ) : VDK_BaseObject( "MyBaseObject" ),
			mfField1( "Field1", 40 ),
			mfField2( "Field2", 40 ),
			mfField3( "Field3" ),
			mfField4( "Field4" ),