[VAPP] Special characters supported in XML dump?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jul 27 01:11:23 CDT 2003

> > BTW, this is special characters in field *values* or in method
> > definitions, not in field or table names.
>
> Field values do not affect.
> Here we can have ANY chars.

Unfortunately not on my end... I have a table called Notes that has a
Note field set up as a VarChar[4064], and it uses the ("L" turned on its
side) character (ASCII 194) as a replacement for a linefeed so I can
store multi-line notes. If I try to do a loadDump through VAPP it
produces an error when it encounters this.

> In methods...hmm.

Just in case you're wondering, I have a "Marked" column (corresponding
to a boolean field "Marked") in my interface to show whether a
particular record is marked or not. The method is called "CheckMark" and
has the calculation of:

(The # sign below represents the check mark character (ASCII 18) that I
really use in the method)

  IF(Marked IS TRUE,'#','')

Just letting you know,

Ken Ray