xml and sql dumping..

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 26 13:52:51 CDT 2003

I have two problems occurring...

	 I have been using the xml dumping and loading for the backup/restore.  On
my mac the program operates flawlessly.  I have been able to create client.xml files
for remote machines, dbbkp.xml files of the vdb file and restore them both.  I can
even view the client.xml files and xml files retrieved from other offices.
	When I tried the program on a windows machine running XPpro, it ran into a
bunch of errors starting with a GetIndex problem. It all seems related to the xml file
restoration.  After all the different errors are over..a copy of the xml file in window
appears.  This conditon is fatal....the program closes.  No loading was done...the
databse file was not recreated .

Is the xml file dumping and loading on windoze different?

	I came home and tried to use the SQL dump instead.  I altered all the
inDumpType to 1.  In this case...the mac could not restore from the sql file it had just
created.  If I switched back to inDumptype 2 it ran fine using the xml.

One method per operating system?  Don't tell me I  need to use the xml on a mac
and the sql on windows:-).

V4RB 1.9.7 standalone, mac OSX 10.2.3
Thanks Chuck