VDK_String::FinishCreateSelf() problem - I don't understand the previous solution

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Fri Jul 25 23:19:38 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am having the problem that was discussed in January 2003 on the list.
It is the one where if you use the VDK_VarChar class in a
ProjectBuilder project,
you cannot link successfully because you get an error:

ld: Undefined symbols:
virtual thunk [v:0,-92] to VDK_String::FinishCreateSelf()

This was covered in about 7 messages in a thread entitled
"Re: VDK_String::FinishCreateSelf()"

The final message was:

> on 1/29/03 11:29 PM, Totte Alm at totte AT code66 DOT se wrote:
>
> > Just try to compile a small DB in PB with a V_VarChar field....
>
> For now I have try compile VSDK MAC example, with VK_Varchar.
>
> This have show that it needs add into VDK_VarChar
> operator = ()
> operator char* ()
>

> DONE.
>
> --
> Best regards,

I don't understand what that means.
Does "DONE" mean that Ruslan did something to fix it that we should
have gotten?
Or does the note indicate some solution/fix that I can do?

- Matthew