Program exits with signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

Arthur Clemens aclemens at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 25 20:30:50 CDT 2003

>>> Check next points:
>>>
>>> 1) if you use cursors then kill all cursors before you close db.
>>>
>>> 2) if you close db you do this before ValentinaShutdown call.
>>
>> Yes, #2 was the problem.
>>
>> In the Cocoa Demo code, it actually does the ValentinaShutdown
>> inside the [self close] method BEFORE deleting the databasedefinition.
>>
>> I reversed the order of the lines of code and it works properly now.

In the Cocoa demo, _databaseDefinition is not a cursor, but a
VDK_DataBase subclass object. I am not sure if it should be preferably
deleted before or after ValentinaShutdown (both options seem to work
without error), but it should not be related to the problem you were
experiencing.

As I saw in your code, you were deallocing an object twice, that will
be most likely the culprit.

Arthur