Joining Databases

Deane Venske dean at eduss.com
Tue Jul 22 10:52:13 CDT 2003

Hi All,
I was wondering, is there a way to do cross database queries?

I'm just investigating whether we want to put all our data into 1 big DB or
have smaller DBs. We write a few different programs, they all share some
common things, like users, so we don't want our customers having to add
users to each product. I've thought of having a main DB and using a
replication program to propogate user changes across all DBs, and so have
duplicates all around. Not my ideal solution, but we will just have to see.

Regards,
Deane Venske