Program exits with signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Mon Jul 21 15:25:29 CDT 2003

Ruslan,

Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) is a segment violation (or so the pages I read say).

SIGSEGV can have two reasons I think

  SEGV_MAPERR address not mapped to object
  SEGV_ACCERR invalid permissions for mapped object

I got the debugger working (using Totte's suggestion about copying the
framework)
and the SIGSEGV actually occurs within the method at this point

   delete _databaseDefinition;

The full method is
- (void)dealloc
{
     [self close];
     delete _databaseDefinition; // <-- SIGSEGV occurs here

     [super dealloc];
}

- Matthew