Cocoa and Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 21 13:30:45 CDT 2003

on 7/21/03 12:17, Matthew Jew at mjew at icnc.com wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> I am working with the "Valentina Cocoa Demo", which compiles and runs
> just
> fine using ProjectBuilder.
>
> One problem: I cannot use the debugger! When I try to debug the demo
> (or projects built like the demo), I get the following error message:
>
>> GNU gdb 5.3-20021014 (Apple version gdb-250) (Sat Dec  7 02:14:27 GMT
>> 2002)
>> Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
>> you are
>> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
>> conditions.
>> Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
>> details.
>> This GDB was configured as "powerpc-apple-macos10".
>> run
>> tty /dev/ttyp1
>> warning: Unable to read symbols from
>> "@executable_path/../Frameworks/VSDK.framework/Versions/A/VSDK";
>> reading from memory.
>> /SourceCache/gdb/gdb-250/src/gdb/macosx/macosx-nat-dyld-process.c:505:
>> internal-error: assertion failure in function "dyld_load_library":
>> e->dyld_valid
>>
>> A problem internal to GDB has been detected.  Further
>> debugging may prove unreliable.
>>
>> The Debugger has exited due to signal 6 (SIGABRT).
>

> Is this because the framework does not have the debugging information
> compiled into it? Or is it something else?

I do not think that problem is in absent of debug info.
This is quite normal.

> Not being able to run the debugger is a big disadvantage...

Matthew,

I have CC this question to Valentina list.
In future please always ask on list, because here people can help you.

Totte and Eric, are good users of Projectbiulder and Valentina SDK,
I have not hear about such problems from them.
So may be they will help you resolve this problem.

Matthew, don't you use GCC 3.3 ?
If yes, you need download latest beta where I have made build with GCC 3.3
also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com