[V4MD] problem with importing jpgs

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 11:24:21 CDT 2003

At 11:59 21.07.2003 +0300, you wrote:
> > Yes, that would be great. But since the picture field store the
> > pictures in JPEG compression, you'd have to make sure the
> > file at the path is a JPG when using a picture field (not for BLOB's,
> > obviously). So we'd have to get some new error messages,
> > just to make sure :-)
>
>Yes, I also have think about this.
>1) first of all extension can be used for check.

hmm, for mac users that might be difficult since many people
still don't use file extensions.

>2) some formats have special signatures.

Like supporting progressive and non-progessive jpeg's?
Which formats would be supported for import?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de