[NEW][VAPP] EscapeString

Kurt Klamp K.Klamp at t-online.de
Thu Jul 17 23:03:19 CDT 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote at 17.07.2003 19:41 Uhr

>> to 1.)
>> Each time Vapp has no db open it crashes with system error 15 and i have
>> to wait until Apple Event Time out to be able using the machine. If there
>> are opened dbs everything is fine. I even tried the example scripts with
>> the added line
>>
>>     set thedbs to get name of databases as list
>> -> Same behavior
>>
>> then i tested
>>
>> set dbnr to count databases  -> NO crash
>>
>> Now i have at least a workarround
>> -first testing the number of dbs
>> -then getting the names (if there are)
>
>Kurt,
>
>You get this crash with both VAPP Classic and Carbon ?

Yes, both versions. The carbon version works fine with carbon Lib.

>But on MacOS 9 ?

Mac OS 9.2.1 (I've no OS X) ; carbon lib 1.6 ; AppleScript 1.6

Only to repeat: The scripts(its my standard valentina init handler part)
works like a charm up to beta15 (i think the last beta before b15 was b10
for VAPP) and my system doesn't changed in the meantime. So its obvious
that VAPP has something new.

Best ,
Kurt