join question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 16 08:11:23 CDT 2003

on 7/16/03 3:08, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:

> When I pass the query below to V4Rb, I get back error 616.  Anyone see
> why?
>
> Charles Yeomans

SELECT
    Decisions.caption,
    Decisions.cite,
    Decisions.year,
    Courts.abbr,
    Decisions.lawstring,
    Decisions.RecID
FROM
    Decisions,
    Courts,
    LDJoin LDJoin1,
    LDJoin LDJoin2
WHERE
    Decisions.RecID = LDJoin.decision_ptr AND
    Decisions.RecID = LDJoin2.decision_ptr
   AND
    LDJoin.law_ptr = 18 AND LDJoin2.law_ptr = 4

---------------------------
You have 4 tables, so you must have 3 link conditions.
I see only 2.
There is no link to Courts table.

Charles, please remind me. Valentina now can work with condition

    WHERE ObjectPtr = 5

I recall that was problem with this. It was need wrap ObjectPtr by method.
Only this did work

    WHERE ObjectPtr = RecID

May be I already fix that. I do not remember.
For you these conditions work? Then this is great!

    LDJoin.law_ptr = 18 AND LDJoin2.law_ptr = 4

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com