Orphan segments in TEXT field, check b15

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 16 07:56:17 CDT 2003

on 7/16/03 0:46, erne at ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,

>>> I'll do my best to hurry up
>>
>> Although once again, make sure.
>>
>> May be you simply have forget correct SqlSelect() for one of your
>> cursors?
>>

> what can this have to do with orphan segments?

Hi Erne.

I already have explain.
If you have old code that buld cursor as

    curs = db.SqlSelect( query )
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ no parameters here

And now you store/update some BLOB field using this cursor

    curs.BlobField("fld").WriteData( d )
    curs.Add() or curs.Update()  <<< fail!

Then record is NOT added or Updated.
But BLOB value already stored inside on BLOB field,
As result you get orphan segment.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com