[1.98b15] VPicture problem? Orphan segments SOLVED.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 15 12:04:44 CDT 2003

on 7/14/03 20:38, Daniel FLEURY at daniel.fleury at free.fr wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Mmmm ... I'm very sorry for my mistake but my problem was with
> VPicture and not Blob ! ( I don't tried with BLOBs)
>
> I send you a project to test between b8 (OK) and b15 (cursor's update
> don't works with VPicture)

Hi Daniel,
Hi Trevor,
Hi Erne,

Daniel,

I have check your project. I have ask you, if you update your code to new
record locks API. You have not made this.

In your app class you create cursor using
    CursorTarotComplet=mDatabase.SQLSelect(SQLString)

And later you do for this cursor cursor.Update().
Of course this operation simply fail and your picture as well as any other
field is NOT updated.

Even worse, if you use such cursor with BLOB fields you get orphan segments
in your BLOB field.

Trevor, Erne, I think in your case is the same problem.
Please be careful and use kReadWrite to create cursor that can be modified.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com