Valentina and JPEG Images?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 14 12:19:00 CDT 2003

on 7/14/03 12:01, Alan Trow-Poole at trow at theiconstudio.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I'm using REALbasic with your Valentina database to store photos and
> descriptions of properties and I can't save JPEG images to Valentina,
> (works fine for PICT)!  Can you help me please, (example code would
> be great)?
>
> The majority of the images I will be using are JPEGs from digital
> cameras so I have to find a solution/work-around for this.
>
> Thanks again for a great product.

Hi Alan,

If you already have JPG then you need to use new special function of V4RB.

    PutFormatedPict(inPictType as Integer, inPictData as String)
    GetFormatedPict() as String

PictType for JPG must be

        kFBL_JPG                = 20,

I need add this method into docs.
Note, it seems this method present in 1.9.7
If not then you need use 1.9.8 beta

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com