Emptying tables..

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 13 10:29:21 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan:
	I decided to use the SQLExecute("DELETE from T").
ie:

Dim i as integer
i = mDB.SQLExecute("DELETE from Table1")
mDB.Flush

	I tried to use the mDB.boTable1.DeleteAll() but kept being told that deleteall is
not identifiable.

	If I use a VCursor as the base object and use

Dim vc as VCursor
dim res as boolean
vc =Nil
vc = mDB.SQLSelect("select * from Table1")
res = vc.DeleteAll
mDB.Flush

......so this must be the baseobject method????

	Both methods accomplish the same results but it would seem that the first
code would be faster...cleaner for memory....Given I must do this to 3 tables in a
row. I also assume that flushing between these global deletes would be good idea.

	Are these assumptions correct?

Thanks Chuck