Crash Update: Aliases

Frank Schima frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com
Tue Jul 8 21:10:54 CDT 2003

Hi everyone,

OK I narrowed down the cause of my crashes. It seems to be a problem
with table aliases.

So here is a sample SQL that crashes:
    SELECT t.myField FROM myTable t WHERE t.otherField = 1

This works:
    SELECT myField FROM myTable WHERE otherField = 1

The obvious workaround is to not use an alias for a single table. But
it is crashing for my multi-table joins using aliases too. This would
be a real pain to workaround. Can anyone else verify (or not) this?

Using RB 5.2fc5 (haven't downloaded 5.2 yet) and V4RB 1.9.8b12.

Best regards,
Frank

---
Frank Schima                <mailto:frank-list2 at-sign
mindstarprods.com>
Independent Consultant
Gaithersburg, MD USA        <http://www.ci.gaithersburg.md.us/>