[V4RB] HEEELP! My .vdb file wouldn't be opened!

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Tue Jul 8 10:22:48 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 03:28 AM, Wonder Fef wrote:

>> If theDatabase.open(f) returns false, then Valentina should return an
>> error in theDatabase.ErrNumber, which you can and should check.  There
>> are many reasons that VDatabase.Open can fail.
>
> The error number returned is -39.
> This number is not documented.

That's because it's a MacOS File Manager error; -39 = Logical
end-of-file reached.  When Valentina returns a negative ErrNumber, it's
a MacOS error code.  For Valentina, error -39 usually means that your
database file is hosed.  Sometimes, though, you can still open it using
the Valentina application, then dump it to XML.  If you can do this,
then you can rebuild the database.

Charles Yeomans