[V4RB] HEEELP! My .vdb file wouldn't be opened!

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue Jul 8 15:40:23 CDT 2003

le 8-07-2003 13:50, Wonder Fef <wonderfef at noos.fr> a écrit :

>> Have you opened your db in Windows ?
> The application runs on Windows. But I tried to open the file on MacOS X,
> unsuccessfully.

I've had the -39 error, but this was when I tried to open in Windows a db
created and used on MacOS.

Trashing the .vdb file and using a .vdb file created in Windows fix this.
Note that I think this was because I use accented chars in the db structure.

Of course I have been able to do this because I have a file for data (.dat)
and an other for the structure (vdb). Unfortunately, I just see you have
only 2 files (vdb + ind). What a pity. I'm not a guru, but I think it's
better to use at least 3 (vdb, dat, ind), just in case...

Ok, this doesn't help you here, but I don't see what you can do.

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin
Belgique