[V4MD] image property / compressed text

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 16:53:32 CDT 2003

At 17:19 07.07.2003 +0300, you wrote:
> > question one: does Valentina V4MD now support the image property
> > as planned, or is it still just the picture / member choice?
>
>Was no changes

Hi Ruslan,

thanks for you answers, hope all is well :-)

That's sad, was it just me pushing for this?
are you still planning on including the Set/GetImage() functions as discussed?
I don't think this will be too much work to slightly modify the
existing Set/GetPicture() functions to get the image property,
but it would greatly enhance speed and make things a lot easier
for all Director developers.

> > question two: what are advantages / disadvantages of using
> > compressed text for large amounts of texts that need to be
> > indexed by words and searched?
>
>Advantage is that you save about 4 times disk space.
>Disadvantages -- little slow down. But I think not visible for eye.

hmm, so the slow down for searching in compressed text fields
is not really that much? what would then be an argument against
compressed text in general? anything at all?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de