[ANN] VSDK, V4RB, V4MD, VAPP (MAC) 1.9.8b9 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jul 3 19:09:12 CDT 2003

on 7/3/03 17:14, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

>> Sp procedure is next I think:
>> * you should FIND all places in your project with SqlSelect()
>> * check how is used this cursor
>> * modify SqlSelect() call with new parameters if needed.
>>

> Are we to stop making cursors with constructions like
>
> myCursor = new VCursor(theDB, "select * from theDB")
>
> myCursor appears to have the default ReadOnly value, and new VCursor
> won't accept additional parameters.
>
> Not a big deal to change these in my code, but I just want to be
> clear that it is necessary (or not).

I have not understand.

If you do

     myCursor = new VCursor(theDB, "select * from theDB")

Then you get ClientSide, ReadOnly, forwardOnly cursor.
Yes, you still can use such call if above set of parameters satisfy you.

If you need cursor for write you meed change code as

     myCursor = new VCursor( theDB, "select * from theDB",
                             kV_Client, kV_ReadWrite )

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com